Prescription Charge Refund Form
Medical Card GP Visit Card Application Form
Maternity Benefit Application Form
Invalidity Pension Application Form
Eyesight Report Form
European Health Insurance Card Application Form
Drugs Payment Scheme Application Form
Driving Licence Medical Report Form
Disability Allowance Form
Childhood Immunisation Schedule
Cervical Check Form
Change of Doctor Form
Carers Allowance Form
How to Apply for General Medical Cards
The quickest way to apply for a medical card is online, on www.medicalcard.ie.
www.medicalcard.ie. is a HSE website dedicated to providing you with online services to help you with your medical card.
On www.medicalcard.ie. you can:
1) Submit an online application, which is a faster route to your medical card than the manual paper forms. If your application is successful you will have your medical card within 15 days.
2) Check the current progress of your medical card application if this has been submitted to the central processing office.
3) Check the current status of your medical card.
4) Submit a query to the central processing office.
Make sure you have all the information you need to hand such as you PPS number and those of your dependents, a recent payslip, details of your income and outgoings on tax, PRSI, rent and mortgage etc. Apply for Cards for People aged 70 or over.
Details of how to apply for a Medical Card or GP Visit Card if you are aged 70 or over are on this page, along with the special Application Form.
Click here to download a medical card application form.
Medical Card Entitlements
Your medical card entitles you to a wide range of services from your family doctor. There are however some services that are not covered by the medical card.
– WORK NOTE FOR YOUR EMPLOYER
– DRIVING LICENCE EYE SIGHT FORMS
– LETTERS COVERING TRAVEL FITNESS ETC
– LETTERS TO ACCOMPANY MEDICAL CARD APPLICATIONS
– LETTERS RE HOUSING GRANTS
– LETTERS TO CERTIFY FITNESS FOR GYMS ETC
– PASSPORT APPLICATIONS FORMS
– BLOODS REQUESTED BY HOSPITAL CONSULTANTS
– PRE-EMPLOYMENT EXAMINATIONS
– LEGAL REPORTS
– SOME FAMILY PLANNING SERVICES
– SOME SCREENING BLOOD TESTS
– JOINT INJECTIONS
How to Make an Appointment
Please call us on 021-4319971 between the hours of 9.00 am – 5.00 pm Monday to Friday.
You will be speaking to one of our reception staff who will ask you for some details e.g Name, Date of Birth, Address. We frequently have patients with the same or very similar names so it is very important that they establish your correct details. If you are a new patient to the practice, you will be asked some more specific details including contact details. When you attend the surgery for the first time we will ask you to complete a registration form and a brief medical questionnaire outlining your past medical history and current medications and/or allergies.
We always try to accommodate patients with same day appointments if this is your request. Occasionally however the surgery may be very full and the reception staff may ask you if your appointment is of an urgent nature. If this is the case we will do our best to get you seen on the day.